Robert C. Palmer, III, Partner
Born in New Orleans and raised in Pensacola, FL, Bob is married to Marianne Palmer. They have three daughters, Laura, Lindsey, and Carolyn, and currently have five dogs! After graduating from law school Bob worked as an assistant state attorney in Hillsborough State Attorney’s Office until he returned home to Pensacola, where he has practiced law continuously since 1983.
After thirty plus years of trying cases across Northwest Florida in state and federal courts Bob now focuses his practice primarily on mediating a wide variety of cases and is certified by the Florida Supreme Court as a Circuit Civil Mediator. He is admitted to practice in the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida, the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals, and the United State Supreme Court. He is also certified as a Civil Trial Lawyer by The Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization and Education.
Activities & Affiliations
- Chair of the Executive Council of the Trial Lawyers Section of The Florida Bar
- Board of Directors of the Florida Defense Lawyers Association
- Chairman of the First Judicial Circuit Judicial Nomination Commission
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- President of the Northwest Florida chapter and President of FLABOTA
- Florida Bar Civil Procedure Rules Committee
- Member ,Florida Bar Board of Governors 1990-1992
- President of the Young Lawyers Division of the Florida Bar
- Board of Directors of The Florida Bar Foundation
- Defense Research Institute
- Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel.
Bob has lectured at continuing legal education (CLE) courses sponsored by The Florida Bar and other statewide legal organizations. For over ten years he chaired the Advanced Trial Advocacy seminar hosted annually by the Trial Lawyers Section of the Florida Bar. This five day, interactive seminar is held each May at the University of Florida Law School.
Bob is an active member of Trinity Presbyterian Church where he is an elder, teaches Sunday school, and served on the pastor nominating search committee.
• Mediation Services
• Personal Injury
• Construction Defect Claims
• Product Liability
• Premises Liability
Davidson College in Davidson, NC
Florida State University College of Law