Elder Law & VA Benefits | Shell, Fleming, Davis & Menge
Attorneys: Tommy G. Smith
The rules and regulations that impact the elderly are constantly changing, becoming more complex, and involve a growing number of federal and state statues.
Consequently, Elder Law encompasses many different areas because senior citizens routinely face complex financial and social decisions that are influenced by multiple fields of law.
In addition, the elder law attorney must distinguish between physical and mental disability and be connected to a system of other elder care professionals who can provide many essential services that are required by senior citizens.
Shell, Fleming, Davis & Menge provides representation in all matters relating to:
- Estate planning, including preparation of wills and trusts
- Disability planning, including use of durable powers of attorney, powers of attorney for health care decisions, living wills, and HIPPA releases
- Probate and administration of estates
- Administration and management of trusts
- Long Term Care
- Medicaid planning, including preservation/transfer of assets
- Medicaid planning, including creation of Qualified income trusts
- ICP, (Institutional Care Program) Nursing home planning
- Assisted Living, Home Health Care and Medicaid waivers
- Veterans Benefits and Appeals
- Medicare claims and appeals
- Long term health insurance
- Elder abuse/exploitation
Firm Practice Areas
- Real Estate & Property Law
- Civil Litigation
- Estate Planning, Probate & Tax Law
- Business & Corporate Law
- Divorce & Family Law
- Mediation Services
- Insurance Law
- Personal Injury & Wrongful Death
- Contested Guardianships
- Elder Law & VA Benefits
Get in touch
We at Shell, Fleming, Davis & Menge know that finding the right attorney to represent you is a choice not to be taken lightly. Contact us today for a consultation to walk through your needs, the scope of your goals, and your budget.